Washington, D.C., will host the last of NCSL's five Getting Ready to Redistrict: Seminars for Practitioners and Others.
To find out more about the other cities and seminars, click here. If you are a legislator, legislative staffer, a commissioner, a commission staffer, an outside advocate or just an interested member of the public, these seminars are for you.
In 2½ days, NCSL will deliver knowledge and practical instruction that you can customize for your state and your role in the process. Expect answers to:
- What’s the legal landscape for redistricting?
- What technology is available for redistricting?
- What data are useful to use for redistricting?
- How do states balance various principles and priorities when they redistrict?
- How do you involve the public in the process?